Re: arch, svn, cvs

Roberto C. Sanchez, 2005-08-19 21:00:18 +0200 :

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 02:33:31PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
[...]
>> I won't go through the trouble to compile the extensive list of
>> problems and design issues with SVN.

> OK.  Then please just name two or three.

If I may chime in...

  The Berkeley DB storage backend was an enormously stupid thing, but
that's been fixed (phew).  My main gripe with Subversion now is that
if I'm not mistaken (which I could very well be, since I've switched
to baz and only use SVN for $HOME/bin/) you can't really do the
equivalent of "cvs update -j foo-branch-last-merge -j foo-branch"
without having to read commit logs, extract revision numbers from
there, and use these revision numbers in the command line.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

The cherry blossom / Tumbles from the highest tree / One needs more petrol
  -- in Good Omens (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman)