Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

[Alexander Schmehl]
> Do you realy think you can enforce teamwork?  I don't think so.
> Either some people will work together as a team or individuals will
> do it their own way.  And I don't think it will be a good idea, to
> force those individuals to work in a team.

I agree.  There will always be people unwilling or incapable of
working in teams, and some of them will be debian developers.  I
wounder how many of these decided to join in on this thread.

But I believe it is a good idea to remove the most important packages
in debian from the single set of hands maintaining them at the moment,
if the current maintainer is unwilling to maintain these in a team.
They should maintain less important packages or learn how to maintain
them in a team.

We should strive to increase what I normally call the bus-factor; how
many people need to be run over by a bus before the project stops.
And for several of the packages in debian, the count is 1 or less.  I
believe we should at least aim for a factor at two or above, to be
able to cope with accidents, burnouts and other issues affecting
people from time to time.