Re: Dogme05: Team Maintenance

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 08:29:47PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Says who?  I maintain some packages like this.  Let's say I support 50
> to 100 niche users for a given package, but I'm the only developer in
> the user community who cares to maintain the package in Debian.  I
> maintain the package well, and my users are happy.  I would not be at
> all happy if my package were forced out of Debian because it's "not
> worthwhile".  I think that would be a terrible injustice to my users.

Some of the things under Dogme05 is certainly exaggeration.
Sorry, if people thought I want to propose enforcement of "team
maintenance policy".  However, team maintenance for all
essential and standard is worthwhile and not un-realistic.

> "HA-ing".  I'm sorry.  I don't know what you mean.

Sorry, we may have to many abbreviation based verbs already, so
I should not invent new ones: HA = high availability.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/