Re: Please notify your rdepends' maintainers if you break an interface

On Sunday 14 August 2005 02.40, Robert Collins wrote:

> On a related note, should we consider defining a convention similar to
> soname for dynamic languages like perl/python etc? I.e. for a python
> library 'foo', install the code as 'foo1', and have a dummy package
> 'foo' which has a __init__.py containing 'from foo1 import *' ?

While something like this might be a good idea, I feel that Debian shouldn't
go ahead on this - better if such things were addressed as conventions
upstream.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 7th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171