Please notify your rdepends' maintainers if you break an interface

Hi,

After I invested an hour so to track down the reason for an evil FTBFS,
I have a very simple request: If you maintain a library that gets used
by other people and you break the API, you should notify
them. Really. It makes life easier. For the usual C/C++ libraries its
not that complicated, as SONAME changes lead to new package names and
everything is fine.
But if you maintain something like a perl library, you should either the
change the fscking package name if you break the API or file a bug
against all packages that depend on your lib.

And no, it's enough to write "NOTE: This release breaks API. Please see
Changes for further details." in your changelog.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
95: PGP-Keysigning-Party