Re: runlevels remodeled

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 03:52:50PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> Yes, all mounts from fstab, including NFS mounts, are done in
> single user mode. But you should only put essential,static mounts in
> /etc/fstab (say, /usr or so). For the rest you should use automount.

The NFS volumes should always be mounted during normal operation (there
are system services using data on NFS) so they satisfy both the
"essential" and "static" criteria. Automount would be just unneccessary
bloat.

Also there were a couple of situations when I'd preferred if single-user
mode did not try to mount /home or /var even if they were just regular
local file systems.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences