Re: libxslt1 / libxslt1.1 clean-up, comments welcome

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:40:41PM -0500, Graham Wilson <graham@mknod.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:41:08PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > Now that no package depend on it, I am going to remove it, but that
> > leaves a libxslt1.1 package alone, not really respectful of the debian
> > standards for package naming.
>
> How is it not respectful of Debian standards for package naming?

"The run-time shared library needs to be placed in a package whose name
changes whenever the shared object version changes. The most common
mechanism is to place it in a package called librarynamesoversion, where
soversion is the version number in the soname of the shared library"

soname is libxslt.so.1

Mike