Re: status of jackd? (bug #318098)

Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:

>   that's all I was saying! Don't break it intentionally and say "it's
> only unstable, deal with it".

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to deliberately break
unstable.  For example, I might choose to upgrade a new version of a
shared library, knowing it has a bug, because that way other packages
that are based on the library can link against the new API.  Then they
can get tested with the new API (even though there is the bug), and
then when the bug gets fixed, the whole kit and kaboodle can go into
testing at once.