Re: Firefox:I get redirected to microsoft website when entering http//kernel.org or http//debian.org

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:50:31AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:42:23PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 01:47:27AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > The fact that a number of these searches wind up at microsoft.com, though,
> > > when doing a direct google search on the entered string does not, suggests
> > > there is room for improvement in the auto-searching feature...
>
> > The mozilla foundation are bankrolled by google nowadays. It can't be
> > 'improved' without forking.
>
> Er, of course it can -- it can be fixed to send the full string to Google,
> instead of truncating it at the first slash?

Oh, I see. I didn't notice this was happening at all; the "I'm feeling
lucky" search doesn't work for those of us who use an http proxy, as
firefox just sends the whole thing to the proxy and it sends you back
an error page.

Which is actually a rather nice solution.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |