Re: Firefox:I get redirected to microsoft website when entering http//kernel.org or http//debian.org

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:42:23PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 01:47:27AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > The fact that a number of these searches wind up at microsoft.com, though,
> > when doing a direct google search on the entered string does not, suggests
> > there is room for improvement in the auto-searching feature...

> The mozilla foundation are bankrolled by google nowadays. It can't be
> 'improved' without forking.

Er, of course it can -- it can be fixed to send the full string to Google,
instead of truncating it at the first slash?

I wasn't suggesting sending it to a different search engine than Google,
merely fixing the queries that were being sent to Google.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer