Re: Asking Debconf questions about database data

Russ Allbery wrote:

> When one does that, people file bugs complaining that the package doesn't
> remove all of the data it generates on installation.  :)
>
> [...] It's not a great solution, and I'm happy to change
> if someone else has a better idea.

Well, I think the real answer is that just like files on the filesystem,
databases need to be tracked by some sort of package manager. This
database manager would then be the single place to configure removal
behavior and manage databases in use by packages.

I'm certainly not asking you to write said database manager, though!