Re: controlling spam via mail interface?

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:47:18PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> And yes, I expect that all messages reported will need to be manually
> reviewed to avoid deleting good mails from the archive.

It would be cool if we could create a spam-reporting alias similar to what
Spamcop does that would make it easy to report through e-mail (in Mutt
I have a shortcut to do just that). To prevent abuse, and to make it work in
a more semi-automatic way, maybe it could allow only GPG signed mails from
developers and work only if more than two developers reported the same
Message-ID.

The problem with the web interface is that it lacks authentication, so you
cannot "trust me" more than you can trust average joe even though I've make
every effort to report only legitimate spam (something "average Joe" might
not do). If the spam reporting tool where to be developed through a mail
interface with GPG that would make automatic fixing of archives easier.
It could also allow reporting spam to the BTS easier too.

Just my few cents.

Javier