Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 02:03:09AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > A Debian account isn't that essential.  I had packages in Debian for
> > at least a year before I was invited to join the project.  The
> > additional 11 months I waited in the NM queue didn't stop me doing
> > useful work.
> you seem to be aware of facts that have eluded other NMs. Can you point
> to how you aquired this info and how other have missed it. Many folks
> dont RFTM. If is not stated clearly in say a NM FAQ, should it?
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for the intrusion, I just want to support Roger's opinion and
give a few hints as you requested.

I think that NM FAQ would be of limited importance because all possible
FAQ to appear in it are covered either in Debian policy or mentors FAQ
and sponsor section is of particular interest
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#sponsored_packages

Indeed to do THE WORK it is not necessary to be a DD. It is just that
for upload of packages into debian non-DD needs to interact with a
sponsor. Also administrativa like voting can't be done by non-DD.
Besides that I don't see any difficulties as to do packaging and
to interact_with/influence the debian community

P.S. I brought up the topic because I think the path to become DD should
not be done in "burocratic" way which is characterized by a high ratio of
waiting time to processing time.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]