Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 15:55 +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

> I'm already waiting for DAM approval for almost 6 months, and I'm
> ready to
> wait more (after all, there is a psyhological difference between a day
> and
> a month, but not between 6 and 12 months).
>
> The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable now is that I'm not
> able to
> upload packages that fix bugs timely - communication with sponsor
> leads to
> very long overhead - probably because of vacation season...

Actually, the same for me, almost.

I have been in the whole NM process for more than 13 months now. I spent
around 6 months with my AM, around another 6 to be approved by the DAM
and I'm waiting now, since a month ago, for my account to be created.
Yes, I also know some people have had longer times.

The thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is how Debian cannot
encourage people for helping the project with this. Motivation probably
just leaves with the long time waiting (in my case, there is nothing
else on my hands to do). People just loses faith. It is sad to see the
process is more a matter of time, than capacity or work done,
experience. And well, right now I feel so close but also so far, because
of the uncertainty, to conclude my process.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 Those who can't write, write help files.