Re: congratulations to the X team!!

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> writes:
>> I ended up downgrading to xfree86 from testing, and then upgraded back up
>> to xorg from unstable (and all that went smoothly).
>
> I was also using ubuntu's xorg on Sid, but unlike you I am still
> unable to install xserver-xorg and xserver-common or even
> xserver-xfree86 from testing. This means I can't run GNOME. Can you
> help?

Er, well, what goes wrong?

I think I had to temporarily de-install a bunch of random Gnome packages
and the like too.  Of course I just re-installed them after I was done.

I use aptitude BTW, which is generally a bit smarter about things than
other package managers.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.