Re: RFC: allow new upstream into stable when it's the only way to fix security issues.

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 23:10 +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> (3) allow new upstream into stable.

But, how would be the proposed process for this software?

I mean, should they also have some kind of grace period after uploading
to unstable? Would it enter stable after unstable? Or after testing? Or
would it enter stable directly without any kind of testing period? All
upstream releases would go into stable, or only those fixing non-trivial
bugs? How would we be able to remain security and stability on sarge
with this?

Thanks,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 I smoke ten to fifteen cigars a day. At my age I have to hold on to