Re: Packages descriptions review

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:23:26AM +0200, Clément Stenac wrote:
> > If you go to review all description, please check the technical parts
> > also.
>
> Sure, thanks for the reminder. I added it to the wiki page

Thanks

> I think the interface is now ready for the work to begin. However, very
> few people replied. Someone suggested an announcement should be sent to
> d-d-a. What do you think ?

Yes, go to it and find some reviewer.

> Anyway, it is possible to start the work with the interested persons
> now...
> I set up a table on the wiki page
> ( http://wiki.debian.net/?PackagesDescriptionsReview ).
>
> Please register yourself on this page before starting work on a section.

Maybe you should add a 'get a random Description' link on your Page...

> I think we should begin by the desktop packages (x11, gnome, kde, ...).
> I don't think base packages should be given a high priority as people
> don't often want to install them. Libs and devel packages are also lower
> priority IMHO

and you should add some 'send the new description to the BTS'

After the two reviewer write a new/better/improved/... description,
the new description should be send to the BTS as minor bug.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Du wei?t doch... jeder hat die Software, die er verdient hat.