Re: RFC, problem with g++4

On 20050729T083332+0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> Of course, I could be persuaded that the enumeration is a good idea, but
> I don't see what problem it solves, and it only seems to cause them.

The anon enumeration trick has been an established C++ idom for years
(ISTR, but cannot check now, even Stroustrup himself advocating it).
It's a shame if it now suddenly stopped working and is somehow against
the standard, even.

The problem with #defines is that they're outside the language proper
and, for example, pay no attention to namespaces.
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer

http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/en/debian