Re: Public service announcement about Policy 10.4

Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> I would like to point out that the following are not POSIX features:
>
> local
> test -o
> test -a

Regarding "local", see #294962.  I would like to see support for
"local" added to posh and "local" added as an exception to the
"POSIX-only" rule laid down in 10.4.

See #267142 for a long discussion of the "POSIX-only" rule.

I support the idea of requiring #!/bin/sh scripts to be runnable on
posh.  Unfortunately not everyone is prepared to go along with it
(e.g., #309415).
--
Thomas Hood