Re: libxml++2.10

Hi Nikita,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.07.2005, 12:04 +0400 schrieb Nikita V.
Youshchenko:
> > I talked to upstream and they
> > said, the ABI broke during the development unintentionally, but we
> > should better stick to libxml++2.6-2.10.0 and recompile the dependent
> > packages.
>
> Is 2.10 backward-compatable with 2.6 at ABI level ?

As I said, the ABI broke unintentionally (and they were most agrieved),
so I guess there might be some glitches. Upstream advised us to
recompile the depending packages. I'm not sure at which stage the ABI
broke (from which version on).

I got Murray Cumming in a mail conversation with all the Debian package
maintainers back then, but I can't really tell, how the current state in
Debian is.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel