Re: "at" package unmaintained??

[Truncated unnecessary crosspost]

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 15:56 +0200, Mathis Dirksen-Thedens wrote:
> Ryan Murray did not answer my email which I sent some months ago, so I propose
> someone helps him with his work and takes over the "at" package. Most of the
> bugs are very old, and usernames longer than 8 chars are STILL NOT WORKING,
> though http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=101919 says they would.
> I tested it and it did NOT work.

I suffered from the same problem with the `at' package. Ryan, could you
consider orphaning it if you lack time for its maintenance? Thus one or
more could adopt it and fix the long list of outstanding bugs without
the need to do NMUs.

> This is getting on my nerves, because I have to reinstall my patched "at"
> package every time "apt-get upgrade" overwrites it with the old one.
> Could please anybody take over and fix the mess?

What about setting your package to `hold' or using an epoch?

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
Debian Developer