Re: libcrypto++ (Was: NMUs wanted: C++ library packages in need of uploading)

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 01:33 +0200, Jens Peter Secher wrote:
> I am fighting with libcrypto++ but so far I am loosing.
>
> GCC4 does definitely not like a mix of templates and anonymous enums
> [1,2] but there are easy fixes for this.
>
> What is worse, it seems that GCC4 silently refuses to generate code for
> some template instantiations, which results in undefined symbols in the
> library, as others have experienced [3].  It might however be the case
> that GCC4, being more C++ standards compliant, has simply revealed a
> problem in the Crypto++ template code.
>
> In any case, the fact is that the non-debian, clean upstream library
> code (5.2.1) compiles and links fine with GCC3, but fails to do so with
> GCC4.  I am still investigating...

I have experience with porting it to 3.3 or 3.4, I don't remember which.
Some minor restructuring of the code is necessary, but I'll look at it.
Feel free to mail me off-list if you want.

I'll be working on the Debian code, since that likely has fewer problems
(missing some patent-encumbered parts, like IDEA).
--
($_,$a)=split/\t/,join'',map{unpack'u',$_}<DATA>;eval$a;print;__DATA__
M961H<F$@8FAM;"!U<F%O<G-U(#QU<F%O<G-U0&=D:75M<&UC8VUL=G)U;6LN