Re: apt 0.6 downloads from second archive?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 07:12:29AM +1000, Graham Williams wrote:
> Since installing apt 0.6 on an otherwise up-to-date unstable (except
> for anything depending on the aspell libraries...) packages on my
> local archive are being overlooked even though this archive is listed
> before others in my apt/sources.list. Downgrading to apt 0.5 and
> things work again as expected (i.e., most is downloaded from
> localhost).

Huge (uninformed) guess, but apt may be preferring packages from
repositories it can verify the contents of.  Besides, if the versions are
the same, then the contents should be the the same too, and (modulo
bandwidth charges) which one you get from shouldn't matter.  BTW, the new
(twisted-based) apt-proxy rocks hard, if it's your traffic allowances you're
worried about (and who wouldn't be in Australia, given what we get charged).

- Matt