Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:41:31PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> Debtags "facets"[0] are better for this.  Descriptions are supposed to
> help *ordinary* users decide which programs to install.  (Hint: most of
> the world doesn't know how to debug in *any* language.)

I *love* this idea, and it can be one good first use of Debtags, now
that we have the data readily accessible in the Packages file.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:42:42PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> You might want to look into the "implemented-in" debtags facet instead, then;
> it's probably more reliable :-)

Note: due to recent refactoring, the "implemented-in" facet has been
merged into the broader "made-of" facet.

Thanks Ben and Steinar for the idea: it's the first application of
Debtags as pure information that's been pointed to me.  I've always only
thought of tags as data to use for smarter package searches.  That
quite broadens my view.

Ciao,

Enrico