Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 18:13 +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> [...]
> I think one reason could be that some poeple would rather
> install a programm in a language they know and they are able
> to debug. Just a guess.

Debtags "facets"[0] are better for this.  Descriptions are supposed to
help *ordinary* users decide which programs to install.  (Hint: most of
the world doesn't know how to debug in *any* language.)

I agree that minor bugs are called for when descriptions contain
non-descriptive technical trivia like this.

Ben
[0] http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html#facets