Re: Procedure reminders on updating a lib package for a C++ ABI change

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 03:24:50PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

 > Oh, ugh.  I think the XSF was essentially following Ubuntu's lead
 > here; no one realized, or thought to check, that the C++ bits weren't
 > exported as part of the ABI.

 Ah... that was my guess...

 > David, do you want me to put together a patch that updates the
 > Provides/Conflicts of libglu1-xorg appropriately?  (Might as well
 > keep the name change now that it's been done, I think.)

 The package name is not really a problem (libglu1-xorg is fine).  Just
 the "Provides" needs to be fixed and set back to libglu1.

 If someone knows of a case where this breaks, please speak up now.

 Thanks,

--
Marcelo