Re: unreproducable bugs

Hi,
* Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> [2005-07-15 16:12]:
> > is there a policy for bugs which are unreproducible?
> > I mean how long this kind of bug should be open?
> > There are bugs who are unreproducible for over a year and
> > the version increased to a major version during the time.
>
> I tend to request the user for more info with the new version;
> so add a +moreinfo, and send a mail to the user that
> if the user doesn't respond within a reasonable timeframe
> (say 2 months), it will be closed.
>
> It should work; it's not easy to really fix a bugreport which
> is unreproducible and the reporter is no longer able to
> respond.

Yes that would make sense. But what about documentating
this so it don't have to be just a feeling of the maintainer
that it is time to close it? Maybe in the developers reference?
Regards Nico

--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org