Unidentified subject!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your email.  I'd like to say touche but I basically believe
you are wrong.  Unfortunately I found from past-personal experience that
email to busy people is generally ignored unless brought to their
attention.

Additionally personal personality conflicts between myself and press
contact would practically guarantee that.  At any rate, I had hoped that
my email was being constructive (or that it could spaark a constructive
discussion) but that doesn't appear to have been the case.

I had hoped that others would have noted:

	- the most recent PR does not have any indication of embargoed
	  status.  Is it for immediate release?  Should it be held
	  briefly?

	  Most organisation use embargoed press releases so that when
	  important events happen (e.g. a Debian release) everything can
	  be prepared in advance and happen simultaneously.

	- no 'about Debian' section

	 Even smaller projects like Gnome has a section detailing, who
	 they are, a brief outline of their goals, etc.  We place great
	 value on things like the Social Contract and the DFSG and we
	 should have a similiar section which mentions them -
	 particularly for journalists who are not familiar with Debian
	 this may be a great 'teaser' in an article about us.

	 A good example one is

	 - nothing about debconf

	 The Gnome release, above, highlights where the next GUADEC will
	 be; how many Press Release have their been highlighting the
	 current debcamp/debconf?

There are other additional issues, all of which are technical -- since
press release are essentially 'cookie-cutter' things.  The last issue is
related to timelyness and my belief that quite a number of developers
have taken on too many roles within the project -- to the detriment of
the project.

Once again, thanks for your email, I personally didn't like the tone but
I do take your point. I just happen to diagree with it.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are