Re: interacting with the press

On 12-Jul-05, 17:40 (CDT), Anand Kumria <wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>[deleted]

Hi Anand,

I just read your post to debian-devel, and here is something that you
should keep in mind when criticizing volunteers who spend a lot of their
personal time doing a thankless job:

  - Don't slag them off in public. A personal e-mail does
	just as much good, as is a lot easier for the individual to
	swallow than public abuse.

In particular, it is obvious to me that you have not taken into account
the size of audience of debian-devel. It is a widely read technical
list, not a place for you to trash other people's work. Your comments
have just given people a negative impression of Anand Kumria.

Perhaps, with your own funds and time, it would be useful for you to
take a course in dealing effectively with other people.

[last paragraph of parallel construction censored to due to inability to
avoid foul language.]

Regards,
Steve

PS For those of you who haven't read the article, the "slagging of the press"
is this:

 Asked about recent news reports sourced from his blog, Mr Schulze said
 there was nothing wrong in principle with using blogs as a source.
 "Sensationalist stories, however, always have the problem that they're
 often more sensationalist than useful or true," he said.

Hardly out of line, IMO.

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net