Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 02:43:28PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> 2. helper information to allow tools like deborphan to work correctly.

What about adding a 'data' section, parallel to 'libs', which deborphan also
lists by default?

It wouldn't solve every case, but it certainly seems like a good place to file
*-data packages.

I think requiring a program to be installed to keep a data package installed is
daft. If I pick a hypothetical example, if we required a dictionary to be
installed at the same time as edict, then edict couldn't be used by local
scripts without dragging in unused dictionary software.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.