Re: ftp-master, ftp and db .debian.org moving - hosting sought

[Olaf van der Spek]
> I've been wondering, would it be an idea (for the long-term) to use
> (more) distributed ... or p2p concepts to reduce the dependency and
> load on central servers?

Please give some specific examples of what you mean.

Debian services are already distributed across a wide range of
machines.  As for p2p ... well, "p2p concepts" is too vague to talk
about.  Debian machines already run TCP/IP, which is the original
peer-to-peer network technology.  (For some values of "original".)

I hope you aren't suggesting that the mirror network be replaced by
bittorrent.  That would suck for just about everybody.