Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Le Lun 20 Juin 2005 09:51, Russell Coker a écrit :
> On Saturday 18 June 2005 01:07, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org>
wrote:
> > I perfectly understand what SMTP is, and I perfectly *don't*
> > understand why having a 30 minutes delay or even a 2 or 3 hours
> > delay in some conditions is tolerable.
>
> Why is it tolerable to receive 200 spams in a day?  On a bad day I
> will receive over 100 spams even though I use most of the anti-spam
> measures that some people in this discussion don't like.
>
> The more spam that people receive the less care they will take when
> deleting the spam without reading it.  This leads to legitimate
> messages being deleted by mistake.  Bad luck for you if your question
> about my package appears in between a few spams in my inbox and I
> accidentally delete it with the spam.
>
> The Debian servers send out a significant number of bounces for spam.
>  Some DDs have their mail server do in-line content filtering and
> reject mail with a SMTP 55x code which is sent to them from the
> Debian server because it was addressed to their @debian.org address.
> This leads to spam bounces and delay messages from the Debian servers
> going to innocent people.  This means that when a non-spam message
> bounces because a Debian server can't send it on it will probably be
> ignored.

I know that, but it does not (IMHO) justify the use of greylising for
everybody by default. I prefer to receive spam (and I do a lot through
my @debian.org address, despite the fact that it's quite recent) that
is filtered by my personnal bogofilter quite well (even if not 100%
accurate) than to have some QOS alteration.

moreover, I believe there is better ways to use greylising, like I
already explained in the thread 2 or 3 times already.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit