Mass bug-filing: slang2

Hi,

Thanks to prompt action by the ftp-masters, the recently released slang2
is now in the archive. This mail is a request for maintainers of
packages that use slang1 to recompile and test their packages against
slang2; I intend to file patches against such packages over the next few
days, barring objections.

As slang is a required package, it would be good to complete this
transition promptly and not have both versions in base, hence the bug
filing. It would be especially good to have the changeover made in time
for the planned release of the first debian-installer candidate for
Etch, at the end of July.

According to apt-cache, the affected packages are:

aalib
asc
asciijump
aview
avifile
bb
cfdisk-utf8
drip
francine
freej
fte
gcompris
gnome-lokkit
gst-plugins
gst-plugins0.8
jed
kdeaddons
libcaca
libdv
libterm-slang-perl
lpe
most
nano
newt
partimage
pdmenu
pinball
python-slang
slang
slmon
slrn
slsc
tasksel
ticker
timidity
util-linux
vlc
xaos
xawtv
xine-lib
xine-ui

(Please report any errors or omissions in the list).
slang2 has full UTF8 support, replacing the split UTF8 / non-UTF8
libslang1 libraries; please test UTF8 support of your package. (Note:
the current version of slang2 in the archive does not have fribidi
support yet; I am porting that patch from slang1 forward to 2.0.4, the
next release of slang2 due out this weekend).

Regards
Alastair McKinstry