Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org> writes:
> I've got experience with use of greylisting for a mail platform with
> over 1M accounts.  Enabling greylisting for this platform reduced
> delivered spam with 80-90%. This is simply because most of the
> infected machines does not attempt a second delivery of a mail
> connection terminated with a 4xx (temporary) error message.

How many complaints for messages not delivered did you get?

I do _not_ want to have my debian.org mail forwarding go through a
greylisting "service". I've had to deal with one too many user
complaints due to greylisting. If it is a configurable service, then
fine, other people may have different experiences, but if greylisting
becomes a mandatory feature, I guess I have to start using
non-greylisted (ie. non-Debian) addresses in my Debian correspondence.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *