Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> writes:

> How many complaints for messages not delivered did you get?

We whitelisted about every client we received mail from the past year,
so the number of complaints was pretty low. If you also follow the
logs closely for a while, you'll find a few sites you'll have to
whitelist, particularly mailing list hosts.

Greylisting without massive whitelisting _will_ give you complaints.

> I do _not_ want to have my debian.org mail forwarding go through a
> greylisting "service". I've had to deal with one too many user
> complaints due to greylisting. If it is a configurable service, then
> fine, other people may have different experiences, but if
> greylisting becomes a mandatory feature, I guess I have to start
> using non-greylisted (ie. non-Debian) addresses in my Debian
> correspondence.

Sounds like you've been a victim of a poorly implemented greylisting
service.  However, your idea of having a user-configurable greylisting
would be a definite bonus.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen