Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Eric Dorland wrote:
> * Don Armstrong (don@debian.org) wrote:
> > All of MoFo trademarks that were not being used in a manner
> > consistent with trademark law[2] would have to be expunged from
> > the work,
>
> What trademarks are you referring to? Already the Debian packages
> don't use any of the trademarked images and logos?

If we don't use any trademarked images, logos, or phrases, what
exactly are we talking about here?

I'd hope there are more things at issue here than the name of the
script that eventually calls another script that eventually calls the
binary. [If that's all that we're discussing, I'd suggest just asking
a low priority debconf question about installing a
/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox symlink that links to the package in
question, and rename the binary package.]

Don Armstrong

--
The game of science is, in principle, without end. He who decides one
day that scientific statements do not call for any further test, and