Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>         While this argument was indeed tempting, I think we also need
>  to look at how free the resulting package is: Can a derivbative take
>  any package in main, modify it, and further redistribute it? If yes,
>  then the package can remain in main, and is free; if not, then the
>  package is not free.

Our users have permission to modify it and further redistribute it *as
long as they change the name*. That's a limitation we're willing to
accept for ourselves - why should it not be free enough for our users?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org