Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Alexander Sack wrote:
Is the brand name 'Firefox' or 'Mozilla Firefox'? I remember that this whole
discussion started because we should remove the Mozilla prefix from the software
and package name?

That's not quite right. Removing the "Mozilla" prefix was one of the issues that came up in the discussion, but I don't think it was the first cause.

Is this still true or are you granting us the right to use
Mozilla Firefox/Mozilla Thunderbird/Mozilla Sunbird - that is, not modify the
sources shipped by mozilla.org in this regard?

I don't quite understand the second part of that question.

I am anticipating that, if we come to an arrangement, Debian would be shipping something called "Firefox" rather than Mozilla Firefox in the UI; we reserve "Mozilla Firefox" for stuff we ship ourselves directly. Ideally, if we were starting from scratch, the packages would also be called "firefox" rather than "mozilla-firefox", but we'd probably be OK with not renaming them if the hassle of changing was great.

Gerv