Re: co-maintainers sought

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:01:37 +0200
Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:

> >   - [RFA] bcm4400-source - module source for Broadcom's bcm4400
> >   ethernet driver
> >     : http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/bcm4400-source.html
>
> What problems do you see with the in-kernel b44 driver that you still
> need bcm4400?

Unfortunately there are some Dells at work that I maintain that need
bcm4400. They use some of the first bcm4400 chips I saw and will not
work with the b44 driver. The b44 driver can see them and will claim it
has them working with the assigned ip/netmask, etc. but they act dead.
Ifconfig down, rmmod b44, modprobe bcm4400 and they work perfectly.

Jacob