Re: Canonical and Debian

* Steve Langasek:

>> how powerfull would a machine need to be to be of any help here? would
>> an ultra 10 or a netra x1 be sufficient?
>
> The current buildd is an UltraSPARC II 300MHz with 512MB of RAM, and is not
> sufficient.

A Netra X1 typically feature a 400 MHz or 500 MHz UltraSPARC IIe CPU,
and up to 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM.  It won't be a tremendous improvoment.
An Ultra 10 is sightly less powerful.  Based on the specs you quoted,
the current buildd could be one.

Could you provide estimates of CPU power, RAM size and and hard disk
space you'd need?  Then we can see how this translates to Sun's
hardware models.