Re: X.org l10n (was: Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 07:15:39AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> David, this reminds me that the x.org packages probably need some big
> push when it comes at their l10n for debconf stuff.
>
> Indeed, I intend to add the "whatever X thing etch will use by
> default" packages to the "level 5" of D-I translations, meant to give
> translators a kind of priority list for things to work on.

Awesome! That's great to hear. I think the xserver debconf stuff is one of
the most-widely used set of templates around, so it'd be great to have it
widely translated.

> As this is very likely to be x.org things, we'd better prepare all this.
>
> So, when x.org packages will have reached the "ready to ship in
> unstable" stage, could we manage to synchronise and post a call for
> updates in debian-i18n ?

Certaintly. You may have to ping me (either by mail or on irc) to remind
me, but I'll add it to the TODO list.

> Some write access to your repository for package maintenance would
> probably also help (I will certainly delegate this to another -i18n
> involved developer as I have enough of these on my shoulders) and
> allow someone to avoid you or your co-maintainers the tedious task of
> dealing with zillion of l10n bug reports.

Branden runs the svn repo, so you'll have to ask him for access.

> And, of course, some sync with the Ubuntu fellows is likely to avoid
> double work here also.....

That would definitely be nice. I consider the leaps we've made in
translations with sarge to be one of the best improvements in Debian since
woody, and I'd like to see more of it.

 - David Nusinow