Re: Vancouver prpopsal (was Re: Canonical and Debian)

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 07:05:17AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> By reading the Debconf5 participant list, I bet that much of these
> will lead to heavy discussions at Debconf and you will have a lot of
> opportunities to debate them. Just remind that one just cannot be as
> rude in real life as you are by mail...so just be prepared for polite
> and peaceful discussions, possibly around some beverage...:-)

I am glad to have discussions take place at Debconf.  In-person meetings
are a great way to brainstorm and reach some consensus.  But I am wary
about decisions being reached there, or in IRC, or wherever only a
minority of Debian developers can participate.

-- John