Re: automated updates of debian/changelog considered harmful

> Nowadays, the recommended way to update config.sub/guess is transparent,
> Debian-specific (but friendly to any sort of upstream config.sub/guess
> usage pattern), version-control friendly, and also non-.diff-bloating.

Could you develop on that topic (or point me to some good reference,
of course)?

At this moment, I'm afraid my way to update config.{guess|sub} in
lifelines and poedit *is* actually diff-bloating (I have removed the
automated change to debian/changelog).