Re: Canonical and Debian

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:55:39PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> both because the overhead of
> training and coordinating with inexperienced (or, well, inept) coordinators
> is often higher than just doing all the work yourself,

In the short term this is true, but if the amount of work is increasing
then there will come a point where just doing all the work yourself is
not feasible. If more people gain experience before you reach that point
then, well, you don't reach that point because there are 2 (or more) of
you to share the work. This also leaves the project in a better position
if you wake up one morning and decide to switch to gentoo or whatever.

You do still have the problem of distinguishing the inexperienced from
the inept, of course.

(by "you" I don't mean you, Steve, of course)

Thanks
Ian