Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 09:26, Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:10:13 +0200, David Goodenough wrote:
> > Another item that might be worth considering for laptops is a networking
> > equivalent of the pmount group.  People in these groups would be allowed
> > to edit the network files (in particular /etc/network/interfaces) and
> > bring interfaces up and down.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/
>
> --
> Thomas Hood
Reading the page at the URL I am a little unsure as to whether it requires
the user to have root access or knowledge of the root password, or if
the daemon simply does what the client code tells it to regardless.

I will download the code and see if I can make it work.

Has anyone made a DEB of it yet, apt-get.org could not find one.

David