Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 08:49:31AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> And I think it is a fair demand asking all Ubuntu Developers to wear the
> Ubuntu hats when Ubuntu specific questions are beeing discussed.

When speaking on behalf of Ubuntu, yes, this is certainly appropriate.
However, where they wear other hats as well, they are free to speak with any
appropriate affiliation.

> PS: Please don't say "I am completely unbiased, I _just_ have another
> real-life employer, there is no need to know whom I am working for". I
> won't buy that.

You seem to be confusing "Ubuntu developer" with "Canonical employee"; in
fact the intersecting subset of those sets is smaller than either
non-intersecting subset.

--
 - mdz