Re: proficiency-level tag for debian packages

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 07:09:38PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 19:06, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> > I find it a quite interesting idea. If it was implemented, there should be
> > an scale, so that maintainers have some reference in order to tag their
> > packages.
>
> This would be rather arbitrary and probably be liable to cause disagreements.

Not much more so than with the priorities for the alternatives system.

I find this quite an interesting idea, really.

> I think you could get much the same affect with some well chosen tags and
> debtags. e.g. you could filter on:
>
> command line only tools
> enterprise tools (e.g. groupware, RDBMS)
> scientific tools (e.g. octave, R)
> sysadmin tools (e.g. mrtg)

That could work too; however, in that case the "proviciency level" of
your filter would need to be pretty expert-ish, I'm afraid. Which would
defeat the purpose, kinda.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond