Re: Example where testing-security was used?

> In any case, given the number of prospective ports waiting in the
> wings, 11 is probably a roughly correct estimate even if we *do* drop
> some architectures.  (And since non-release ports are likely to stay
> in unstable, and adding a release port adds three w-b databases where
> dropping one only removes two w-b databases, it takes 1 1/2 dropped
> archs to balance one added arch...)

in all those debates about the lack of buildds, sth seems odd to me.
I've always thought that moore's law was quite accurate... and my
understanding (I may be wrong, it's only how I understand the whole
thing) is that debian growth is quite linear, compared to the cpu
speed, disk size, BW ... growth, the time passing, we should have less
and less limitations.

I'm aware that more's law is not appliable on some archs (like arm I
believe) but the question is, well, who uses openoffice.org or kde on
an arm (only to cite those) ?

In fact, the point is, I don't understand how hardware limitations are
really possible. I understand fully that many ports needs *a lot* of
work for porters/security teams (it's a pity human brains does not
follow moore's law) ... but I find hard to believe that hardware is the
reason why we cannot manage many arches.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit