Re: Debian as living system

Le Mercredi 18 Mai 2005 15:48, Andrew Suffield a écrit :
> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 03:46:33PM +0200, Rapha?l Pinson wrote:
> > I agree that the previous mail was not very easy to read, nor written in
> > a great english. But I don't think that being fluent in english should be
> > a requirement to be treated nicely on a development list... You are lucky
> > enough to have this language as your mother tongue, consider this is not
> > the case of most people, and that expressing oneself on a technical
> > subject in a second language is not an easy thing. I hope you don't have
> > to be treated this way if one day english comes to not be the main
> > language used for development anymore.
>
> I really don't care. If somebody can't be bothered to write a mail in
> comprehensible English, they shouldn't expect anybody else to bother
> to read it. Most won't even bother to say why they didn't bother to
> read it. He's lucky that I did, and should be grateful for that. I
> *could* have simply ignored him.

Yes you could have simply ignored him. That wouldn't changed anything for you,
and would have prevented you from sounding agressive in addition to being
intolerant.

I'm glad most people didn't react this way when I was still learning english,
otherwise I would've been discouraged and would have never been able to speak
it properly.

Thank you for "ignoring him" next time ;)

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink@ichthux.org
http://raphink.multiply.com
http://www.ichthux.org - Christian Linux Distribution