Re: packages missing from sarge

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:39:42PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On May 15, 2005, at 22:16, Steve Langasek wrote:

> >Still, the concerns about re-adding this software version (which
> >has been
> >out of testing for months) via t-p-u remain.

> Its hard to see it being any worse than freeswan, which has been
> abandoned for a while by its upstream. And if it turns out to be a
> problem, it could just be removed again, right?

It could be removed again, but only if someone finds out that it's broken
*before* we release.  There is a very small window for this to happen,
because packages don't get widespread testing while they're in
testing-proposed-updates, so the only testing that will happen will be
between the time the package is pushed into testing (once it's built
everywhere it needs to be) and the release date.  With the delays in getting
t-p-u built across architectures, that's not long enough for me to be
comfortable.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer